Friday, July 8, 2011

So I was thinking...

So clearly I don't know how old you are but I think that this applies to everyone older then 11. So we know that the internet hasn't been around for a long time. Most of us remember first getting the internet and how freaking amazing it was to be able to talk to your friends on MSN or have a virtual pet on Neopets. But the thing here is that we remember not having the internet. We remember big bulky solitaire computers and because of that we can appreciate it more the better it gets. But then that got me thinking... What about the stuff that we take for granted. Hair straighteners, tv's microwaves, radio. All of these stuff were here when we arrived on this lovely planet (well unless you're incredibly old) and we don't appreciate them. Too us that's just the way it has always been. Now imagine someone born in 2010. Think of the technology that will be around when this child turns 10-15 years old and how all the stuff that we think is so cool will be obsolete and boring to this person. (How on earth my iPhone could become obsolete I'll never know). Can you imagine the things that we (the future old people) will say to them. Well I can. And here's how it would go.

Kid: Dad I don't feel like going to class
Me: Jesus kid, back in my day class wasn't talk in a virtual classroom over the internet! We had to actually go outside in the morning and attend school all day.
Kid: Wow, that sucks. I'm going to go play holograph halo for a bit.
ME: Back in my day we used to have these things called television that we played our games on.
Kid: Gee dad, get with the times.


Well blog, I'm not looking forward to those times. It'll definitely be interesting. You know, assuming we make it through 2012 ;-)

Have a great night blog!

*If future generations are to remember us more with gratitude than sorrow, we must achieve more than just the miracles of technology. We must also leave them a glimpse of the world as it was created, not just as it looked when we got through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment